Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Ungraspable Phantom of Life

Hi my name is Zachary Sigall i am 17 years of age and i live in Western MA. I am a fanantical collector of country 78 rpm records of the pre-war era.

First off i never thought in my entire life that i would start a blog. I thought they where for annoying "indie" college kids to bitch and moan about how painful and unpleasent their lives are. But then i started thinkin'. What if i started a Blog for country and blues collectors. A forum in which buy and sell records outside of auction websites and just share knowlege with each other. The problem with Ebay is that records can sell either to High or to Little and its hard on both the seller and buyer. here i thought i could hook up collocters. i dont want to take responisbilty for scam artists. (I think very few collectors are) This is just a meet and great site hopefully business can go well

I personally like old country rags and such. I love string bands from Mississippi they are my favoite. As for blues i dont know very much. i just really enjoy uptempo blues such as Blind Blake, Dallas String Band, Jug Bands, William Moore, etc. Blind Willie Mctell. i would like collector more blues records but their just to expensive.


I will say though my intentions for doing are a bit, selfish shall we say.
there are two records i want SO BADLY! i cant find them anywhere
1. Mr. Freddie- Let's Go a Riding
2. Hoyt Ming And His Pep Steppers - Indian War Whoop


* my question to you is; what are some records you want more than anything else,
your "ungraspable Phantom Of Life" as Ahab might say

1 comment:

Scott said...

Yes, I want Gene Greene records on Pathe and Emerson, Victor 5848, Victor 5850, Victor
5853. I saw that great picture of Gene Greene on the web that you have in your collection and found this blog.

Greetings,
Scott Alexander
The Red Hot Jazz Archive
www.redhotjazz.com